The School Neighbors Association is based in Long Beach, California.
The most common concerns of school neighbors are the traffic dangers that schools create on residential streets and frequently on residential sidewalks and even in the front yards of residential homes. Often left unmanaged, school traffic frequently reaches a point of chaos where it is a significant hazard both to school students and to neighborhood children living near schools.
The School Neighbors Association is focused on improving school traffic conditions for the benefit of school students and neighborhood children. This is done by:
- Encouraging discussion of school traffic safety with local traffic engineering authorities;
- Encouraging discussion of school traffic safety improvements with school principals and school district personnel;
- Encouraging discussion of school traffic safety with law enforcement officials;
- Educating the public on why certain driving habits are not safe around schools; and
- Promoting ordinances and state legislation to improve school traffic safety laws.